[glibrary] Harold MacGrath - Hearts and Masks - possible missing pages?

Al Haines (shaw) ajhaines at shaw.ca
Wed Dec 14 19:41:58 PST 2005

I have a copy of Harold MacGrath's "Hearts and Masks", illustrated by
Harrison Fisher, published by Grosset & Dunlap, copyright 1905 by The
Bobbs-Merrill Company.

It may be missing some pages or illustrations.  Since the book has neither a
table of contents nor a list of illustrations, I can't be sure.

I'd like to check these two items:

1. The book ends at page 314.  There's no "The End" or "Finis" or any
definitive end-of-book indicator.  Are there any pages after 314?

2.  The book has ten illustrations: the Frontispiece, and nine others facing
these pages: 10, 22, 38, 58, 70, 98, 110, 124, and 250.  Some of the
existing illustrations are loose, so I don't know if they're where they
should be or not.  Are the existing ones in the correct locations?  Are
there any others that are missing?

I've done some research (Google and AbeBooks) that would indicate that page
314 is indeed the last page, and the above 10 illustrations are all there
are, but I'd like to check.

If anyone out there has this book, can you verify that my copy is complete,
and if it isn't, scan and send me what's missing?

Thanks,
Al

It's missing the leaf containing pages 3 and 4.

Would anyone happen to have images of these two pages?  (If not, I'll put in
a transcriber's note about the missing pages, and finish/upload the book, as
it stands.)