[glibrary] Request: checking some punctuation in Emerson's Conduct of Life (1876)

Wally Thompson wally.thompson at gmail.com
Tue Dec 20 17:26:29 PST 2005

I'm working on Ralph Waldo Emerson's 'The Conduct of Life' as published in
1876 by James R. Osgood and Company.

I harvested the images from Google Print, though they now seem to have
disappeared from Google's site. The images were made from a copy at Harvard
College Widener Library: they appear to have two copies:

http://lms01.harvard.edu/F/5KLTCUXI7EE13N2NS739T4IAIEANK7TNU3K5L596S3YL2EK819-45655?func=full-set-set&set_number=049269&set_entry=000026&format=999

Punctuation marks are not always clear or have sometimes dropped out on the
images. I was wondering if someone could check the following against a paper
copy of the 1876 edition:

verso (line 3): Is there a period after 'Massachusetts'?
TOC (line 2): Is there a period after 'Page'?
page -1 (line 4): Is there a semicolon after 'bare'?
page -1 (line -1): Is there a period after 'creates'?
page 12 (line 11): Is there a semicolon after 'slate'?
page 58 (line 6): Is 'baby jumper' hyphenated?
page 74 (line 4): Is there a semicolon after 'nature'?
page 179 (footnote): Is there a period after 'worms'?
page 245 (line 10): Is there a semicolon after 'wave'?

Thanks,
Wally

wally.thompson at gmail.com