[glibrary] LANGUAGE-WISE DISTRIBUTION OF LIBRARY COLLECTIONS

Andrew Sly sly at victoria.tc.ca
Sun Mar 6 00:46:02 PST 2005

On Sun, 6 Mar 2005, M. A. Hameed wrote:

> I want to find out language-wise collections of public and university
> libraries, mainly in the U.S. and Europe. The idea is to know how many books
> in a library's collectiuon are in various languages. Just the total numbers.
> Please give all relevant links.

On the Project Gutenberg web site, on the main catalog page:
http://www.gutenberg.org/catalog/
You can find links to pages which show the contents of
Project Gutenberg that are recorded as using different languages.

I have not seen anything in traditional library catalogs that
would do what you ask.

Andrew