[glibrary] My First Picture Book, Kronheim

Andrew Sly sly at victoria.tc.ca
Mon Jul 3 15:48:44 PDT 2006

Are there still a few people on this list?

I have a children's picture book here that
would make a nice addition to PG, but I have
been unable to find a library record which might
help confirm the date of it. Perhaps someone
with access to worldcat could help.

I've search in Copac (a british union catalog),
the LoC catalog and Amicus (Canadian union catalog)
and have not been able to find it.

Title page transcription is as follows:

MY / FIRST PICTURE BOOK. /
WITH / THIRTY-SIX PAGES OF PICTURES /
[Emblem] /
PRINTED IN COLOURS BY KRONHEIM. /
LONDON & NEW YORK: / GEORGE ROUTLEDGE AND SONS.

Contents are:
My First Alphabet
The Old Woman who Lived in a Shoe
The Babes in the Wood
Little Bo-peep
The Five little Pigs
Old Mother Goose and her son Jack

I believe the illustrator is Joseph Martin Kronheim, 1810-1896.

Any help would be fantastic,

Thanks,
Andrew