[glibrary] Dostoyevsky--The Idiot

Andrew Sly sly at victoria.tc.ca
Tue Mar 13 17:53:23 PDT 2012

I've read through the whole text of "The Idiot" as found on PG as #2638.
This claims to be a translation by Eva Martin
. While reading, I noted various errors. Some were clear ocr errors, with
an and some I have things I'd like to look up in the original.

Comparing the text, it seems _very_ close to the 1887 Whishaw translation,
found on Google books.
http://books.google.ca/books?id=tCgVAAAAYAAJ
I suppose it is possible that she took the earlier translation and just
changed a few things.

I cannot find the Eva Martin translation on Google Books or at a library
in my city.. It should be from 1914 or 1915.

Would someone be able to find it and do a quick spot check to see if it
matches the text on PG?

--Andrew