[gmonthly] PT0 New Project Gutenberg eBooks

Michael Hart hart at pglaf.org
Thu Nov 4 07:36:28 PST 2004

Today marks 1/3 of a century of Project Gutenberg.

I will be sending out several announcements today
about the new Project Gutenberg Consortia Center.

The first few will be extremely brief, while some
that follow should answer questions you may have.

The site answers to 3 domain names, just pick the
the one you like the most:

pgcc.net
gutenberg.cc
gutenberg.us

There are approximately 37,000 files available on
this site, 27,000 of these are HTML files, with a
variety of other formats also included.  The HTML
files should be easily accessible from the search
engine, please let us know of any that are not in
the search engine, graciously loaned to us.  This
search engine is currently being modified to make
it specify it searches Project Gutenberg eBooks.

Another 10,000 or so files are accessible through
a variety of links to sites provided by donors of
the various eBooks.

These eBooks are catalogued as per the preference
of those who donated them, most with one entry to
each book, but many are listed by chapter, and in
some particular cases, even by page, as per those
who donated them.

Please let us know by reply to this email, and to

info at gutenberg.cc

of any ways we can improve your access.

On request, I will provide a single email with an
entire collection of this series of messages, for
those who prefer one long message to several ones
of a shorter nature.

Thank you so much for all the support we received
over the first 33 1/3 of Project Gutenberg.

Michael S. Hart

[Please excuse cross-posting, if you would prefer
to receive in a different format, only long/short
messages for your listserver, please let me know]