[gmonthly] Re: Project Gutenberg Monthly Newsletter

Michael S. Hart hart at pglaf.org
Sun Mar 21 15:28:42 PDT 2010

On Sun, 21 Mar 2010, Vicki wrote:

> This is my second request.  Please remove me from your mailing list.

This is my second response:

I can't delete you, only you can delete you, or else hackers could
wipe out all of our list.

Here are some suggestions.  I think you are on the "Monthly" email list.

You asked about subcribing or unsubscribing from one of the
Project Gutenberg Newsletters.  Please save for reference:

This is the information from:

www.gutenberg.org/howto/subscribe-howto

Please check this site once in a while for updates:

Mailing Lists

   Various mailing lists for Project Gutenberg exist. A brief description
   of  each  follows,  along  with  a  link  to  visit  or  subscribe (or
   unsubscribe).  All  lists  live  at  http://lists.pglaf.org,  and  are
   moderated except for the discussion lists:

     * Newsletters,  with  new  eBook  listings,  calls  for  assistance,
       general information, and announcements:
          + gweekly:   Project   Gutenberg   Weekly  Newsletter.  Traffic
            consists mostly of one weekly newsletter.
          + gmonthly:   Project  Gutenberg  Monthly  newsletter.  Traffic
            consists mostly of one monthly newsletter.
     * Notification as new eBooks are posted:
          + posted:  receive  book  postings  as  they happen, along with
            other PG related internally-focused discussion (high traffic,
            over 10 postings per day)
     * Discussion for active volunteers:
          + gutvol-d:  general unmoderated volunteer discussion (moderate
            traffic)
          + gutvol-p:  programming  volunteers,  for software development
            (light traffic)
          + gutvol-w:  website  volunteers,  for website development (new
            list)
          + glibrary:  library  help,  for physically tracking down books
            and   copyright   research.   Low  traffic,  with  occasional
            requests.
     * Other lists:
          + gutvol-l: moderated volunteer announcements (light traffic)

   If  you  would  like  to  subscribe  to a mailing list simply select a
   mailing  list  name  above.  All  lists  require  a password and email
   confirmation to subscribe as part of the Lyris anti-spam measures.

   Copyright ? 1971-2004 Project Gutenberg -- All Rights Reserved.

   Most recently updated: 2004-08-07 16:33:32.