[gmonthly] !@! Read an E-Book Week 2011

Michael S. Hart hart at pglaf.org
Wed Feb 16 06:55:32 PST 2011

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2011 23:42:40 -0600
From: RitaT <r.toews at shaw.ca>
To: Rita <r.toews at shaw.ca>
Subject: Read an E-Book Week 2011

This year Read an E-Book Week celebrates the anniversary of the first e-book.  Yes,
it's been 40 years since Michael S. Hart created the first e-book - a copy of the
Declaration of Independence.  Mr. Hart joins with Read an E-Book Week as we celebrate
from March 6-12th.

It is now time to update the website with the 2011 partners and we would like to see
your name listed.  To participate as a partner we ask the following:

a) a free (or deeply discounted) e-book easily accessible for visitors to your
website.  Please do not redirect visitors to another website for the download.

b) a Read an E-Book Week banner prominently displayed (not part of a rotation) on your
site, linked back to http://www.ebookweek.com  The banner should stay in place until
the end of the event.

In turn, we will place a link to your website on our partners page.  This link will
stay in place for a year.  You will note there are websites listed at the top of the
list with an icon.  These sites have made a donation, or assisted with the upkeep of
the Read an E-Book website.

Banners for the event can be found at http://www.ebookweek.com/ebook_banners.html  Feel
free to resize them for your website.  We can also create custom banners if you wish.

A limited number of advertising spots are available on the website.

Happy anniversary e-books!

Read an E-Book Week