[gmonthly] Project Gutenberg Newsletter March 2014

Greg Newby gbnewby at pglaf.org
Wed Mar 5 18:58:07 PST 2014

This is the Project Gutenberg Newsletter for March 2014.

CONTENTS

* Michael Hart's birthday
* Read an eBook Week
* New eBook listings from February 2014

* Michael Hart's birthday

Michael Hart's birthday 67th birthday would have been Thursday March
6, 2014.  In commemoration, long-time friend Jim Berger has written
some reflections.

The reflections, and an image of Michael from when he and I made a
presentation at the University of Illinois, are online here:
  www.gutenberg.org/wiki/User:Jim_Berger

This is what Jim wrote there:

Birthday Remembrance
  by contributer Jim Berger and you

Michael Hart's birthday comes around in just a few days.  What do you
remember?

Did you ever hear about the two buildings Michael disappeared in South
Korea?

Or how about sitting out one of the riots during the 1968 Democratic
Convention, with his girlfriend, atop a squad car?

If Michael's life was not charmed, it certainly was interesting.

I can testify to keeping the water up in his furnace in the dead of
winter while Michael was out of town.  Michael's home was storied—and
rightly so, for Michael was an inveterate collector of all things
remotely interesting.

We played Frisbee golf, and once on Halloween, I savored an authentic,
Star-Wars, light saber that lit up to perfection and made all the
right noises.

But at Michael's funeral, it became clear that I knew but half of
it—if that much.

The dining room for lunch at the Eastland Suites Hotel & Conference
Center was abuzz with fantastic stories and remembrances as we paused
to break bread and personalize our grief with one another.

I had not known that Michael had been an Eagle Scout.

There is still much we could all learn about the man, and so, that is
the question: What do you remember?

And with a bit of luck, we may even be able to share our stories on
the radio.  Negotiations to that effect are just getting underway.  I
am hopeful that one particular call-in program will find time for us,
perhaps on Friday, at 10 a.m. Central Time.

As I say, negotiations are just getting underway.  We'll know more by
Thursday.  But that is something to shoot for.  And dare I say, the
richer and broader the response right here, the easier it will be for
making a case to those who decide these things.

In that vein, I refer everyone to WILL - Focus - June 07, 2011, which
33½ minutes into the audio file contains the last known phone call by
Michael Hart to this particular radio, call-in program.  Michael did
not identify himself, but I recognized him, and we got together for
lunch a short time thereafter.

It would be good to locate other calls of Michael's from those audio
files.  It would be good to locate them all.

Who would join in such a search?  That would require formally
splitting up the task and zeroing in on topics about computers or
about books.  I'm good for up to three hours of listening for Hart
clips, if anyone else will join me.

Please consider that, and then let's get in touch.  But for the
moment, for Michael's birthday, what do you remember about Michael
Hart?

It's time to celebrate an incredible man.  Please share what you have,
be it modest or grand.  Just click on the edit button and insert your
own text at the bottom of the box that opens up below.  Then save the
page.  Together we can get the whole picture of Michael Hart, founder
of Project Gutenberg.

* Read an eBook Week

Project Gutenberg is a proud part of the annual "Read an eBook Week",
which is March 2-8 2014. Every day, every week, eBooks are freely
available at www.gutenberg.org. Read, enjoy, and share! You can find
the Read an eBook Week on Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Read-an-E-Book-Week/193882590629749

* New eBook Listings from February 2014

TITLE and AUTHOR                                                     ETEXT NO.

A Little Girl in Old Washington, by Amanda M. Douglas                    45045

The Great Small Cat and Others, by May E. Southworth                     45044
 [Subtitle: Seven Tales]
 [Illustrator: Pedro J.  Lemos]

Atheensch Jongensleven, by Koenraad Kuiper                               45043
 [Language: Dutch]

A Mock Idyl, by Percy Ross                                               45042

Mental Philosophy: Including the Intellect, Sensibilities, and Will,     45041
 by Joseph Haven

Menticulture, by Horace Fletcher                                         45040
 [Subtitle: or the A-B-C of True Living]

Punch or the London Charivari, Vol. 109, September 28, 1895, by Various  45039

Perlycross, by R. D. Blackmore                                           45038
 [Subtitle: A Tale of the Western Hills]

Hebrew Humor and other Essays, by Joseph Chotzner                        45037

Les Dernières Années du Marquis et de la Marquise de Bombelles,          45036
 by Maurice Fleury
 [Language: French]

Sir William Wallace, by A. F. Murison                                    45035

Fifty Notable Years, by John G. Adams                                    45034
 [Subtitle: Views of the Ministry of Christian Universalism
  During the Last Half-Century; with Biographical Sketches]

The Sea, by Frederick Whymper                                            45033
 [Subtitle: Its Stirring Story of Adventure,
  Peril, & Heroism. Volume 4]

No Posting                                                               45032

Journal de Jean Héroard, tome 1 de 2, (1601-1610), by Jean Héroard       45031
 [Subtitle: sur l'enfance et la jeunesse de Louis XIII]
 [Language: French]

A.B.C. of Snap Shooting, by Horace Fletcher                              45030
 [Subtitle: Sporting, Exhibition, and Military]

On the Yukon Trail, by Roy J. Snell                                      45029
 [Subtitle: Radio-Phone Boys Series, #2]

The Boy Scouts on the Trail, by Herbert Carter                           45028
 [Subtitle: or, Scouting through the Big Game Country]

Chaucer's Works, Volume 3 of 7, by Geoffrey Chaucer                      45027
 [Subtitle: The House of Fame; The Legend of Good Women; The
  Treatise on the Astrolabe; The Sources of the Canterbury Tales]

The Four Corners Abroad, by Amy Ella Blanchard                           45026

Imperial Federation, by George Parkin                                    45025
 [Subtitle: The Problem of National Unity]

A Boy Trooper With Sheridan, by Stanton P. Allen                         45024
 [Subtitle: First Massachusetts Cavalry]
 [Illustrator: Stanton P. Allen]

The Pictorial Grammar, by Alfred  Crowquill                              45023
 [Illustrator: Alfred Crowquill]

Bernard Brooks' Adventures, by Horatio Alger, Jr                         45022
 [Subtitle: The Experience of a Plucky Boy]

Jack The Giant Killer, by Percival Leigh                                 45021
 [Illustrator: John Leech]

The Divining Rod, by Charles Latimer                                     45020
 [Subtitle: Virgula Divina--Baculus Divinatorius (Water-Witching)]

The Works of Francis Maitland Balfour, Volume III of 4,                  45019
 by Francis Maitland Balfour

The Works of Francis Maitland Balfour, Volume II of 4,                   45018
 by Francis Maitland Balfour

Het boek van Siman den Javaan, by E. F. E Douwes Dekker                  45017
 [Subtitle: Een roman van rijst, dividend en menschelijkheid]
 [Language: Dutch]

With Rod and Line in Colorado Waters, by Lewis B. France                 45016

Histoire du Consulat et de l'Empire, Vol. 11 de 20, by Adolphe Thiers    45015
 [Subtitle: faisant suite à l'Histoire de la Révolution Française]
 [Language: French]

Histoire du Consulat et de l'Empire, Vol. 10 de 20, by Adolphe Thiers    45014
 [Subtitle: faisant suite à l'Histoire de la Révolution Française]
 [Language: French]

Cours Familier de Littérature, Volume 18, by Alphonse de Lamartine       45013
 [Subtitle: Un Entretien par Mois]
 [Language: French]

Cours Familier de Littérature, Volume 2, by Alphonse de Lamartine        45012
 [Subtitle: Un Entretien par Mois]
 [Language: French]

The Logs of the Serapis-Allance-Ariel under the Command                  45011
 of John Paul Jones 1779-1780, by Anonymous
 [Editor: John S. Barnes]

Oliver Cromwell, by Samuel Rawson Gardiner                               45010

Gabriel Schillings Flucht, by Gerhart Hauptmann                          45009
 [Subtitle: Drama]
 [Language: German]

Viidakkopoika, by Rudyard Kipling                                        45008
 [Language: Finnish]

Balarilang Tagalog, by Mamerto Paglinawan                                45007
 [Language: Tagalog]

General Smith's Views of the Powers and Policy of the                    45006
 Government of the United States, by Joseph Smith

Absurdities of Immaterialism, by Orson Pratt                             45005
 [Subtitle: Or, A Reply to T. W. P. Taylder's Pamphlet, Entitled,
  "The Materialism of the Mormons or Latter-Day Saints, Examined
  and Exposed"]

Library of Work and Play: Working in Metals, by Charles Conrad Sleffel   45004

Mr. Punch's History of Modern England Vol. II of IV, 1857-1874,          45003
 by Charles L. Graves

Harmonies of Political Economy, by Frédéric Bastiat                      45002
 [Subtitle: Translated from the Third French Edition,
  with a Notice of the Life and Writings of the Author]
 [Translator: Patrick James Stirling]

Institutes of the Christian Religion, Vol. I of 2, by John Calvin        45001
 [Translator: John Allen]

Elias Lönnrotin nuoruuden ajoilta Laukon kartanossa,                     45000
 by Emil Fredrik Nervander
 [Language: Finnish]

Äiti, by Victoria Benedictsson and Axel Lundegård                        44999
 [Language: Finnish]

The Gentleman from San Francisco, by Ivan Alekseyevich Bunin             44998
 [Subtitle: and Other Stories]
 [Translators: Samuel Solomonovich Koteliansky, Leonard Woolf
  and David Herbert Lawrence]

That Last Waif, by Horace Fletcher                                       44997
 [Subtitle: or Social Quarantine]

Rank and Talent; A Novel, Vol. II of 3, by William Pitt Scargill         44996

Dick and Fitzgerald Catalog (1866), by Dick and Fitzgerald               44995

A Lady's Tour in Corsica, Vol. II of 2, by Gertrude Forde                44994

A Lady's Tour in Corsica, Vol. I of 2, by Gertrude Forde                 44993

Travelling Sketches, by Anthony Trollope                                 44992

Lily Norris' Enemy, by Joanna Mathews                                    44991

Torpedoes and Torpedo Warfare, by C. W. Sleeman                          44990

The Complete Cynic, by Oliver Herford, Ethel Watts Mumford               44989
 and Addison Mizner
 [Subtitle: Being Bunches of Wisdom Culled from the Calendars
  of Oliver Herford, Ethel Watts Mumford and Addison Mizner]

Alphabetical Catalogue of Books in General Literature and Fiction,       44988
 by Chatto & Windus

The Pioneer Trail, by Alfred Lambourne                                   44987

The Elements of Qualitative Chemical Analysis, vol. 1,                   44986
 parts 1 and 2, by Julius Stieglitz
 [Subtitle: With Special Consideration of the Application of the
  Laws of Equilibrium and of the Modern Theories of Solution]

Alcoholic Fermentation, by Arthur Harden                                 44985
 [Subtitle: Second Edition, 1914]

The Mystery Girl, by Carolyn Wells                                       44984

The Mentor: Italy Under War Conditions, Vol. 6, Num. 23,                 44983
 Ser. No. 171, January 15, 1919, by E. M. Newman

Lady Lilith, by Stephen McKenna                                          44982

Harper's Young People, March 8, 1881, by Various                         44981
 [Subtitle: An Illustrated Weekly]

Colonel Thomas Blood, by Wilbur Cortez Abbott                            44980
 [Subtitle: Crown-stealer 1618-1680]

The Secret Memoirs of Bertha Krupp, by Henry W. Fischer                  44979
 [Subtitle: From the Papers and Diaries of
  Chief Gouvernante Baroness D'Alteville]

The Complete Poems of Sir John Davies, Volume 2 of 2, by John Davies     44978

The Complete Poems of Sir John Davies, Volume 1 of 2, by John Davies     44977

Punch, or the London Charivari, Vol. 109, September 7, 1895, by Various  44976
 [Editor: Sir Francis Burnand]

A History of Roman Literature, by Harold North Fowler                    44975

Short account of the extraordinary life and travels of H. L. L.,         44974
 by H. L. L.
 [Subtitle: native of St. Domingo, now a prisoner
  of war at Ashbourn, in Derbyshire]

Stray Pebbles from the Shores of Thought, by Elizabeth Porter Gould      44973

Sciopticon, by Franz Paul Liesegang                                      44972
 [Subtitle: Einf?hrung in die Projections-Kunst]
 [Language: German]

Briefe aus dem hohen Norden, by Elias Haffter                            44971
 [Language: German]

The Recollections of A Drummer-Boy, by Harry M. Kieffer                  44970

The English and Scottish Popular Ballads, Volume I of 5, by Various      44969
 [Editor: Francis James Child]

Peeps at Many Lands--India, by John Finnemore                            44968
 [Illustrator: Mortimer Menpes]

Livserindringer, by Johan Nicolai Madvig                                 44967
 [Language: Danish]

Craft Gilds, by W. Cunningham                                            44966

Random Shots From a Rifleman, by John Kincaid                            44965

Battles of the Civil War, by Thomas Elbert Vineyard                      44964

For Faith and Freedom, by Walter Besant                                  44963
 [Illustrators: A. Forestier and F. Waddy]

Early American Poetry 1610-1820, by New York Public Library              44962
 [Subtitle: A List of Works in the New York Public Library]

Reise zu deutschen Front, by Ludwig Ganghofer                            44961
 [Language: German]

Angélique de Mackau, Marquise de Bombelles, by Maurice Fleury            44960
 [Subtitle: et la Cour de Madame Élisabeth]
 [Language: French]

Tales of My Time, Vol. II of 3, by William Pitt Scargill                 44959
 [Subtitle: Who Is She; The Young Reformers]

Les quatre livres de philosophie morale et politique de la Chine,        44958
 by Confucius and Mencius
 [Language: French]

Anna Karenina, 2. Band, by Leo N. Tolstoi                                44957
 [Language: German]

Anna Karenina, 1. Band, by Leo N. Tolstoi                                44956
 [Language: German]

A short history of Rhode Island, by George Washington Greene             44955

Bessie in the City, by Joanna Mathews                                    44954

Punch, or the London Charivari, Vol. 109, July 6, 1895, by Various       44953
 [Editor: Sir Francis Burnand]

Sixpenny Pieces, by A. Neil Lyons                                        44952

The Motor Boys in Strange Waters, by Clarence Young                      44951
 [Subtitle: or, Lost in a Floating Forest]

Plane and Plank, by Oliver Optic                                         44950
 [Subtitle: or, The Mishaps of a Mechanic]

James Frederick Ferrier, by Elizabeth Sanderson Haldane                  44949
 [Illustrator: Joseph Brown]

Abstracts of Papers Read at the First International Eugenics Congress,   44948
 by Various
 [Subtitle: University of London, July, 1912]

Allied Cookery, by Grace Glergue Harrison and Gertrude Clergue           44947
 [Subtitle: British, French, Italian, Belgian, Russian]

Valittuja novelleja II, by Guy de Maupassant                             44946
 [Language: Finnish]

Valittuja novelleja I, by Guy de Maupassant                              44945
 [Language: Finnish]

Veljekset, by Guy de Maupassant                                          44944
 [Language: Finnish]

Harper's Young People, March 1, 1881, by Various                         44943
 [Subtitle: An Illustrated Weekly]

Harper's Young People, December 21, 1880, by Various                     44942
 [Subtitle: An Illustrated Weekly]

The Government of God, by John Taylor                                    44941
Edrik, de Noorman, by J. F. Hodgetts                                     44940
 [Language: Dutch]

Children of the Soil, by Henryk Sienkiewicz                              44939
 [Translator: Jeremiah Curtin]

Jälkipoimintoja III, by Pietari Päivärinta                               44938
 [Subtitle: Kanttilaiset; Muistelmia katovuosilta]
 [Language: Finnish]

Jälkipoimintoja II, by Pietari Päivärinta                                44937
 [Subtitle: Omistaan eläjiä]
 [Language: Finnish]

Jälkipoimintoja I, by Pietari Päivärinta                                 44936
 [Subtitle: Volmari]
 [Language: Finnish]

Myths and Legends of the Mississippi Valley and the Great Lakes,         44935
 by Various
 [Editor: Katharine B. Judson]

Captives Among the Indians, by James Smith, Francesco                    44934
 Giuseppe Bressani, Mary White Rowlandson and Mercy Harbison

Punch, or the London Charivari, Vol. 148, February 10, 1915, by Various  44933
 [Editor: Owen Seaman]

Free Thought and Official Propaganda, by Bertrand Russell                44932

Les vieilles villes des Flandres, by Albert Robida                       44931
 [Subtitle: Belgique et Flandre française]
 [Language: French]

Palissy the Huguenot Potter, by C. L. Brightwell                         44930
 [Subtitle: A True Tale]

The Basis of Morality, by Arthur Schopenhauer                            44929
 [Translator: Arthur Broderick Bullock]

The Liberty Girl, by Rena I. Halsey                                      44928
 [Illustrator: Nana French Bickford]

Harper's Young People, February 22, 1881, by Various                     44927
 [Subtitle: An Illustrated Weekly]

When You Don't Know Where to Turn, by Steven J. Bartlett                 44926C
 [Subtitle: A Self-Diagnosing Guide to Counseling and Therapy]

Harper's Young People, February 15, 1881, by Various                     44925
 [Subtitle: An Illustrated Weekly]

Uncle Joe's Stories, by Edward Hugessen Knatchbull-Hugesson              44924
 [Illustrator: Ernest Griset]

Slim Evans and his Horse Lightning, by Graham M. Dean                    44923

The Last of the Flatboats, by George Cary Eggleston                      44922
 [Subtitle: A Story of The Mississippi and
  its Interesting Family of Rivers]

Die Cellularpathologie, by Rudolf Virchow                                44921
 [Subtitle: in ihrer Begründung auf physiologische
  und pathologische Gewebelehre]
 [Language: German]

The Normans, by Sarah Orne Jewett                                        44920
 [Subtitle: told chiefly in relation to their conquest of England]

Discourses in America, by Matthew Arnold                                 44919

Hombres y glorias de América, by Enrique Piñeyro                         44918
 [Language: Spanish]

Delusion and Dream, by Wilhelm Jensen and Sigmund Freud                  44917
 [Subtitle: An Interpretation in the Light
  of Psychoanalysis of Gradiva]
 [Translator: Helen M. Downey]

Modernities, by Horace Barnett Samuel                                    44916

Margaret Brown's French Cookery Cook, by Margaret Brown                  44915

Bow-Wow and Mew-Mew, by Georgiana M. Craik                               44914

The Life of the Moselle, by Octavius Rooke                               44913
 [Subtitle: From its source in the Vosges Mountains
  to its junction with the Rhine at Coblence]
 [Illustrators: Octavius Rooke and Henry Noel Humphreys]

Private Papers of William Wilberforce, by William Wilberforce            44912

Cruelle Enigme, by Paul Bourget                                          44911
 [Language: French]

Descriptive Analyses of Piano Works, by Edward Baxter Perry              44910
 [Subtitle: For the Use of Teachers, Players, and Music Clubs]

The New Forest, by Elizabeth Godfrey                                     44909

The Law of Civilization and Decay, by Brooks Adams                       44908
 [Subtitle: An Essay on History]

An Interesting Account of Several Remarkable Visions, by Orson Pratt     44907
 [Subtitle: And of the Late Discovery of Ancient American Records]

L'Histoire de France racontée par les Contemporains (Tome 3/4))          44906
 by Louis Dussieux
 [Subtitle: Extraits des Chroniques, des Mémoires et des
  Documents originaux, avec des sommaires et des résumés
  chronologiques]
 [Language: French]

Outlines of Educational Doctrine, by John Frederick Herbart              44905
 [Translator: Alexis F. Lange]

Mrs. Caudle's Curtain Lectures, by Anonymous                             44904
 [Illustrator: John Leech]

Colin Clink, Volume III of III, by Charles Hooton                        44903
 [Illustrators: John Leech and George Cruikshank]

Colin Clink, Volume II of III, by Charles Hooton                         44902
 [Illustrators: John Leech and George Cruikshank]

Colin Clink, Volume I of III, by Charles Hooton                          44901
 [Illustrators: John Leech and George Cruikshank]

The Life Of Sir John Falstaff, by Robert B. Brough                       44900
 [Illustrator: George Cruikshank]

Kotisirkka, by Charles Dickens                                           44899
 [Language: Finnish]

Blottentots and How to Make Them, by John Prosper Carmel                 44898

Grammar of the New Zealand language (2nd edition), by Robert Maunsell    44897

The Autobiography of Parley Parker Pratt, by Parley Parker Pratt         44896
 [Subtitle: One of the Twelve Apostles of the
  Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints,
  Embracing His Life, Ministry, and Travels]

No Cross, No Crown, by William Penn                                      44895
 [Subtitle: a discourse, shewing the nature
  and discipline of the Holy Cross of Christ]

Social Life in England Through the Centuries, by H. R. Wilton Hall       44894

Della illustrazione delle lingue antiche e moderne e                     44893
 principalmente dell'italiana, by Cesare Lucchesini
 [Subtitle: procurata nel secolo XVIII. dagli Italiani - Parte I]
 [Language: Italian]

Gulliverin matkat kaukaisilla mailla, by Jonathan Swift                  44892
 [Translator: Samuli Suomalainen]
 [Language: Finnish]

Works of the Right Honourable John Earl of Rochester, by John Wilmot     44891
 [Subtitle: Consisting of Satires, Songs, Translations,
  and other Occasional Poems]

The Printed Book, by Henri Bouchot                                       44890
 [Subtitle: Its History, Illustration and Adornment,
  from the Days of Gutenberg to the Present Time]
 [Translator: Edward C. Bigmore]

The Story of a Confederate boy in the Civil War, by David E. Johnston    44889

The Diary of a Freshman, by Charles Macomb Flandrau                      44888

Punch, or the London Charivari, Vol. 108, April 6, 1895, by Various      44887
 [Editor: Sir Francis Burnand]

The Geography of Strabo, Volume III of 3, by Strabo                      44886
 [Subtitle: Literally Translated, with Notes]
 [Translators: H. C. Hamilton and W. Falconer]

The Geography of Strabo, Volume II of 3, by Strabo                       44885
 [Subtitle: Literally Translated, with Notes]
 [Translators: H. C. Hamilton and W. Falconer]

The Geography of Strabo, Volume I of 3, by Strabo                        44884
 [Subtitle: Literally Translated, with Notes]
 [Translators: H. C. Hamilton and W. Falconer]

The Drama of Love and Death, by Edward Carpenter                         44883
 [Subtitle: A Study of Human Evolution and Transfiguration]

The Boy Scouts Through the Big Timber, by Herbert Carter                 44882
 [Subtitle: Or, The Search for the Lost Tenderfoot]

Confessions of a Thug, by Philip Meadows Taylor                          44881

Appletons' Popular Science Monthly, May 1899, by Various                 44880
 [Subtitle: Volume LV, No. 1, May 1899]
 [Editor: William Jay Youmans]

Up Terrapin River, by Opie P. Read                                       44879

A Man's World, by Albert Edwards                                         44878

L'escole des filles, by Michel Millot                                    44877
 [Subtitle: réimpression complète du texte original
  sur la contrefaçon hollandaise de 1668]
 [Language: French]

The Cruise of the Midge, Vol. II of 2, by Michael Scott                  44876

The Cruise of the Midge, Vol. I of 2, by Michael Scott                   44875

Les belles-de-nuit, tome III, by Paul Féval                              44874
 [Subtitle: ou les anges de la famille]
 [Language: French]

Third Warning, by Roy J. Snell                                           44873
 [Subtitle: A Mystery Story for Girls]

The Man Who Fell Through the Earth, by Carolyn Wells                     44872

Kuvia ja säveliä, by Valter Juva                                         44871
 [Language: Finnish]

Punch, or the London Charivari, Vol. 109, August 31, 1895, by Various    44870
 [Editor: Francis Burnand]

Kovina aikoina, by Karl August Tavaststjerna                             44869
 [Subtitle: Kertomus Suomen viimeisten nälkävuosien ajoilta]
 [Language: Finnish]

Slavische Volkforschungen, by Friedrich S. Krauss                        44868
 [Subtitle: Abhandlungen über Glauben, Gewohnheitrechte,
  Sitten, Bräuche und die Guslarenlieder der Südslaven]
 [Language: German]

The Discovery of the Future, by Herbert George Wells                     44867
 [Subtitle: A Discourse Delivered at the Royal Institution]

"Gombo Zhèbes", by Lafcadio Hearn                                        44866
 [Subtitle: Little Dictionary of Creole Proverbs]

The Secret Service., by Albert D. Richardson                             44865
 [Subtitle: The Field, The Dungeon, and The Escape]

Coaching Days & Ways, by E. D. (Edward William Dirom) Cuming             44864
 [Illustrator: G. Denholm Armour]

Neêrlands Roem, by J. van Lennep                                         44863
 [Subtitle: Galerij van Beroemde Nederlanders
  uit het tijdvak van Frederik Hendrik
 [Illustrators: Herman Ten Kate and W. P. Hoevenaar]

Linda Carlton, Air Pilot, by Edith Lavell                                44862

L'Illustration, No. 2500, 24 Janvier 1891, by Various                    44861
 [Language: French]

The Comic History Of England, by Gilbert Abbott A'Beckett                44860
 [Illustrator: John Leech]

Kertomuksia Suomen historiasta VI, by Julius Krohn                       44859
 [Subtitle: Kaarle X Kustaa]
 [Language: Finnish]

Kertomuksia Suomen historiasta V:2, by Julius Krohn                      44858
 [Subtitle: Kustaa Aadolf ja Kristiina: Suomen sisällinen tila]
 [Language: Finnish]

Kertomuksia Suomen historiasta V:1, by Julius Krohn                      44857
 [Subtitle: Kustaa Aadolf ja Kristiina: Sodat]
 [Language: Finnish]

Kertomuksia Suomen historiasta IV, by Julius Krohn                       44856
 [Subtitle: Sigismund ja Kaarle IX]
 [Language: Finnish]

Elizabethan and Jacobean Pamphlets, by Various                           44855
 [Editor: George Saintsbury]

Great Cities of the United States,                                       44854
 by Gertrude Van Duyn Southworth and Stephen Elliott Kramer
 [Subtitle: Historical, Descriptive, Commercial, Industrial]

Letters from an Old Railway Official, by Charles DeLano Hine             44853
 [Subtitle: To his Son, a Division Superintendent]

Yorkshire Battles, by Edward Lamplough                                   44852

Thirty Years' View, Vol. I of 2, by Thomas Hart Benton                   44851
 [Subtitle: or, A History of the Working of the American
  Government for Thirty Years, from 1820 to 1850]

Punch, or the London Charivari, Vol. 108, May 25, 1895, by Various       44850
 [Editor: Sir Francis Burnand]

Colouration in Animals and Plants, by Alfred Tylor                       44849

A Little Preserving Book for a Little Girl, by Amy Waterman              44848
 [Illustrator: Harriet O'Brien]

A Little Candy Book for a Little Girl, by Amy L. Waterman                44847
 [Illustrator: Harriet O'Brien]

The Motor Boys on the Atlantic, by Clarence Young                        44846
 [Subtitle: or, The Mystery of the Lighthouse]

Myrsky, by William Shakespeare                                           44845
 [Language: Finnish]

The Evolution of Culture, by Augustus Henry Lane-Fox Pitt-Rivers         44844
 [Subtitle: and Other Essays]

The Book of Bulbs, by Samuel Arnott                                      44843

Three Years in Western China, by Alexander Hosie                         44842
 [Subtitle: A Narrative of Three Journeys
  in Ssu-ch’uan, Kuei-chow, and Yün-nan]

The Mark of Cain, by Carolyn Wells                                       44841
 [Illustrator: Gayle Hoskins]

Talvinen tarina, by William Shakespeare                                  44840
 [Language: Finnish]

Kaksi nuorta veronalaista, by William Shakespeare                        44839
 [Language: Finnish]

Time and Its Measurement, by James Arthur                                44838

Thirty Years' View, Vol. II of 2, by Thomas Hart Benton                  44837
 [Subtitle: or, A History of the Working of the American
  Government for Thirty Years, from 1820 to 1850]

Punch, or the London Charivari, Vol. 109, August 17, 1895, by Various    44836
 [Editor: Sir Francis Burnand]

Devotional Poetry for the Children, by Various                           44835
 [Subtitle: Second Part]

Het Leven der Dieren, by A. E. Brehm                                     44834
 [Subtitle: Deel 3, Hoofdstuk 5: De Amphibiën]
 [Language: Dutch]

Chaucer's Works, Volume 2 of 7, by Geoffrey Chaucer                      44833
 [Subtitle: Boethius and Troilus]

Venetian kauppias, by William Shakespeare                                44832
 [Language: Finnish]

Kesäyön unelma, by William Shakespeare                                   44831
 [Language: Finnish]

Die neuesten Geschichtslügen, by Heinrich Kanner                         44830
 [Language: German]

Rada, by Alfred Noyes                                                    44829
 [Subtitle: A Belgian Christmas Eve]

Wild Margaret, by Geraldine Fleming and Charles Garvice                  44828

Under the Witches' Moon, by Nathan Gallizier                             44827
 [Subtitle: A Romantic Tale of Mediaeval Rome]

Iloiset Windsorin rouvat, by William Shakespeare                         44826
 [Language: Finnish]

Verta verrasta, by William Shakespeare                                   44825
 [Language: Finnish]

Sign of the Green Arrow, by Roy Judson Snell                             44824
 [Subtitle: A Mystery Story]

Narrative of a Journey Down the Ohio and Mississippi                     44823
 in 1789-90, by Samuel S. Forman

Ask Momma, by R. S. Surtees                                              44822
 [Subtitle: or The Richest Commoner In England]
 [Illustrator: John Leech]

Yhteiskunnallisen kysymyksen ydinkohdat, by Rudolf Steiner               44821
 [Subtitle: Nykyisyyden ja tulevaisuuden elämänvaatimuksena]
 [Language: Finnish]

The Evolutionist at Large, by Grant Allen                                44820

Kathleen's Diamonds, by Mrs. Alex. McVeigh Miller                        44819
 [Subtitle: or; She Loved a Handsome Actor]

Christ Legends, by Selma Lagerlöf                                        44818
 [Illustrator: Bertha Stuart]
 [Translator: Velma Swanston Howard]

Muistelmia matkoilta Venäjällä vuosina 1854-1858, by August Ahlqvist     44817
 [Language: Finnish]

Stanley in Africa, by James P. Boyd                                      44816
 [Subtitle: The Wonderful Discoveries and Thrilling
  Adventures of the Great African Explorer, and
  Other Travelers, Pioneers and Missionaries]

Writing and Drawing Made Easy, Amusing and Instructive,                  44815
 by William Chinnery and T. Hutchinson
 [Subtitle: Containing The Whole Alphabet in all the
  Characters now us'd, Both in Printing and Penmanship]
 [Illustrator: J. Hulett]

Onze oude dorpskerken, by Herm. Van der Kloot Meijburg                   44814
 [Subtitle: Tachtig schetsen van dorpskerken in Nederland]
 [Language: Dutch]

Sally Scott of the Waves, by Roy J. Snell                                44813
 [Illustrator: Hedwig Jo Meixner]

L'Illustration, No. 2499, 17 Janvier 1891, by Various                    44812
 [Language: French]

Het Leven der Dieren, by A. E. Brehm                                     44811
 [Subtitle: Derde Deel, Hoofdstuk 1 tot 4, De Kruipende Dieren]
 [Language: Dutch]