[gutvol-l] CD/DVD ISO online demo

Greg Newby gbnewby at pglaf.org
Tue Nov 15 09:04:25 PST 2005

Here's something fun to try: some of you have already heard about our
custom "build a CD/DVD" program.  This was developed primarily by Craig
Stephenson, a student and ARSC employee where I work (the Arctic Region
Supercomputing Center at the University of Alaska Fairbanks).  It lets
you make your own custom collection of Project Gutenberg content, and
build an ISO file (suitable for burning a CD or DVD) for download.

This week, through Thursday afternoon at 4:00 pm (PST), you can try this
CD/DVD maker on a much faster system & network than I'm able to offer at
the regular site.  Visit this URL to try it:

	http://a163.112.sc05.org/pgiso

This is basically the same software as is at the regular place,
http://snowy.arsc.alaska.edu/pgiso

But, it's on a much faster network, called "SciNet," the network at the
annual Supercomputing conference (http://sc05.supercomputing.org).  For
these next few days, I'm running some experiments at the Supercomputing
conference in the ARSC booth (#112), including this ISO maker.

Please note that this is a temporary installation, so any ISOs or
collections you make will not be incorporated back into the "main" site
on snowy.arsc.alaska.edu.  In other words, anything you make will need
to be downloaded by 4:00 pm PST Thursday November 17.

Feedback, as always, is welcome.
  -- Greg