[gutvol-p] Bookmark

bert bertius at sympatico.ca
Sun Jan 9 02:04:26 PST 2005

Hi,

I don't know if it as been done before but I have made a couple of
bookmarking tools for my personal use:

- A javascript for html books that enable bookmarking of paragraph. It
adds a bookmark link at the top of the page. Bookmarking is done by
doublecliking a paragraph. The script use a cookie to remember the
bookmarked paragraph. Currently only works in Mozilla/Firebird.

- A Perl script for txt books. It convert the txt book into html and
then works the same way as the javascript solution. This one can
bookmark either lines or paragraphs and works with Internet Explorer also.

Since I have made them for my personal use they are not polished but
work great for me. If anyone is interested in them I will post the code
and will be happy to work on them more.