[gutvol-p] Re: Quick question about file formats

William Waites william.waites at okfn.org
Sat Oct 30 16:39:16 PDT 2010

On Sat, Oct 30, 2010 at 11:06:32PM +0100, Paulo Levi wrote:
> Thanks for the answers, i guess i will save it.
> The reason i'm using a xml parser is that the libraries for rdf are huge in
> java, 30mb like, in contrast with stax or sax that is in jdk. Also i'm doing
> a client program, even if the only client is me ;)

Paulo, maybe this will help. I've taken the catalogue
and put it in the laboratory triple store
(http://river.styx.org/sparql) for you. You can try
a query like,

PREFIX rdf: <http://www.w3.org/1999/02/22-rdf-syntax-ns#>
PREFIX dc: <http://purl.org/dc/elements/1.1/>
PREFIX dcterms: <http://purl.org/dc/terms/>
PREFIX gut: <http://www.gutenberg.org/feeds/catalog.rdf#>

SELECT DISTINCT ?download, ?mimetype
FROM <http://www.gutenberg.org/feeds/catalog.rdf>
WHERE {
    ?download dcterms:isFormatOf gut:etext12345 .
    ?download dc:format ?format .
    ?format rdf:value ?mimetype

}

and get output in any number of formats like JSON
and such.

Canned version of this query: http://bit.ly/cUIPqm

Let me know if this is helpful to you.

Cheers,