[PGCanada] PG of Canada details

Steve Solomon stsolomo at soilandhealth.org
Thu Apr 15 21:40:10 PDT 2004

And I would like to lodge my main concern with PG Canada.

It is possible to extend the offering beyond what is public domain and
material with copyright but with valid permission to offer it. It is
possible to offer any book that is out of print. I do this at Soil and
Health Library. I already am doing it, by functioning as a LIBRARY. With
patrons. Who lodge formal requests for book copies. Copies of out of
print books that have current copyright protection.

This has been characterized as operating on the "bleeding edge" of
copyright law.

If PG Canada is willing to consider extending the limits in this
direction then I am offering support and participation. If PG Canada is
going to play it safe, then I have no time for it.

Steve Solomon
http://www.soilandhealth.org/