[PGCanada] first steps

Darryl Moore darryl at moores.ca
Fri Nov 12 04:10:03 PST 2004

Hey all,

It's really great to see all the activity here in the last 3 days. It's
a stark contrast from what I see in the archive since April.

I've only got a few minutes, and I want to speak on many of the points
I've seen here, but I'll get to those on the week end.

A number of people now have offered financial help to get this thing
rolling. I think the next step is to get a bank account put together and
a treasurer to mind it.

Now I'm very new here and you should all be smart enough not to give
your money to a total stranger, so I nominate James as treasurer. Is
that OK with you James? Will someone second this motion?

Once we get a reasonable fraction of the money together I'd like to set
up a meeting with Don Johnston to start the ball rolling on our articles
of incorporation. I'm hoping James, and anybody else in the Toronto area
with interest in this dry legal stuff, will be able to participate as
well. I'm hoping this can happen in the next week or two!!

cheers,
darryl