[PGCanada] eBooks in French

Wallace J.McLean ag737 at freenet.carleton.ca
Thu Nov 25 18:35:28 PST 2004

----- Original Message -----
From: Michael Hart <hart at pglaf.org>
Date: Thursday, November 25, 2004 6:41 pm
Subject: [PGCanada] eBooks in French

> Will there be a particular interest in doing eBooks in French?
>
> If so, would you be willing to cooperate with volunteers who
> actually live in France [and other French speaking countries]?

There's an outfit in Quebec that produces e-texts of public domain
works, who I'd like to get involved once we're up and running.

As for myself, I have PGDPed in French on a regular basis, and have
Snatched content from Canadiana.org for use as future PGDP projects. I
think once PG Canada is up and running, a lot of the volunteer interest
may come from francophone regions of the country, esp. Quebec.