[PGCanada] Gone With the Wind, redux

Darryl Moore darryl at moores.ca
Wed Nov 10 18:29:26 PST 2004

Wallace J.McLean wrote:

> [...]

Surprisingly the legal advice I received yesterday said that (at least
as far as Canadian courts are concerned) the physical location of the
server makes absolutely no difference. The most important aspect of the
issue is who the intended target audience is and what reasonable
measures were taken to make this evident and to deny access to others.

This is to my mind a fairly enlightened perspective, as it recognizes
the omnipresent aspect of the Internet, and the computers that are its
component parts.