[PGCanada] eBooks in French

Darryl Moore darryl at moores.ca
Thu Nov 25 18:34:47 PST 2004

Michael Hart wrote:

> Will there be a particular interest in doing eBooks in French?

Oh yea! I'm sorry to say I hadn't got around to thinking about this, but
being Project Gutenberg CANADA it would almost be inappropriate not too.

Additionally I don't think we should necessarily draw the line at either
french or english. Any eligible book in any language should be
available. My suggestion would be to set the site up with french,
english, and 'other' sections.

> If so, would you be willing to cooperate with volunteers who
> actually live in France [and other French speaking countries]?

I'd love too. I have to admit up front that I don't speak a word of
french. However if there are french volunteers who speak english, others
who might be willing to act as intermediaries, or persons willing to
communicate through language mangling online text translators, I'm all
for it.

cheers,
darryl