[PGCanada] if there's anything I can do ...

Darryl Moore darryl at moores.ca
Thu Jan 13 06:34:07 PST 2005

Andrew Sly wrote:
> On Wed, 12 Jan 2005, Wallace J.McLean wrote:
>

>>Has it been?
>>
>>Can we get a status report from whoever is "in charge", technically
>>speaking?
>>

> Right now, I get the impression that James is willing
> to put some time into helping out, but not to be a
> full "in charge" organizer.
>
> I've been staying in the background, but I think
> it's perhaps time to come out and make Project
> Gutenberg of Canada happen. I get the impression
> that the interest is almost at a critical mass
> right now, that could be lost if people don't
> see results...

I agree.

Regarding James preference for being involved in a non-PG org, my
personal opinion is that PG has a bit of a reputation and therefore if
we want to also have some influence in Ottawa it is best we stay a part
of PG. That being said, I do not think there is any reason we cannot do
everything James wants to do as PGCanada. (I'm a newby so I could be
wrong in this assessment)

It is still my intent to work on the legal side of creating this org,
however my workload in other areas has increased since before christmas
rather than let up at all. I do have a wiki set up on my home server now
at www.moores.ca/wiki My intent is to put up all the legal resources
I've found about setting up a not-for-profit and the draft articles I've
created for others to review, markup, and comment on, hopefully by the
week end.

James appears to have software which can do everything we need, and
Russel has offered us a server to run it on. Is there anything more we
need to get started?

I don't think so.

If James and Russel could spend a bit of time getting the code working
on his server, maybe someone else could work on building an interface
for it's search engine.

I can work on the legal entity, and try to chip in a bit on coding if
needed, though I warn you my field is embedded controllers not network
servers so non time critical coding tasks might be best for me.

If this is agreeable to others perhaps someone else could suggest an
appropriate time line.

cheers,
darryl