[PGCanada] Moving ahead with PGCanada

Andrew Sly sly at victoria.tc.ca
Fri Jan 14 09:47:32 PST 2005

On Fri, 14 Jan 2005, Wallace J.McLean wrote:

> From: Andrew Sly <sly at victoria.tc.ca>
>
> > I would like PG of Canada to be more restrictive in its "guidelines",
> > even if this does mean that fewer titles will be contributed.
>
> Can you offer some guidance as to more restrictive, how?

To start with, assuming we are going to use James' system for our
files, only taking texts which are whatever markup format we use,
instead of saying "plain text first, and then additional formats
whenever people are interested in preparing them."

I can tell you from the point of view of those of us who have
been making corrections, improve cataloging records, etc. for
older PG files, having various files in different formats can
be something of a headach to deal with.

And assuming we can this whole xml system to work out,
I would cautiously say that it may help avoid some of
the inconsistency I mentioned in my last message
(such as marking italics in different ways)

Andrew