[PGCanada] Re: PG-Canada / List of tasks to do

Andrew Sly sly at victoria.tc.ca
Fri Jan 28 23:05:27 PST 2005

Hi Norm.

Yes, adding books from PG of OZ is a good idea. (Although as I've said
before, there is no lack of ideas about what could be added. It will
be, as usual, a matter of what volunteers actually do that will be
the deciding factor.)

And just to try and correct any misinformation here...

I don't have the impression that PG of OZ is likely to disappear any time
soon. Gone with the Wind is there in the collection (it was not absent
for too long), and I am not aware of any other titles in the PG of OZ
collection which anyone has even suggested removing.

I must admit I know very little about the Australian copyright law
"reform" that came into place on January 1st, but I do have the impression
that it is not retroactive, so there are no legal problems with anything
which had already been added.

Andrew