[PGCanada] Re: [gutvol-d] Copyright question (fwd)

Michael Hart hart at pglaf.org
Tue Jul 4 10:59:34 PDT 2006

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Tue, 4 Jul 2006 09:16:35 -0700 (PDT)
From: Andrew Sly <sly at victoria.tc.ca>
To: Project Gutenberg Volunteer Discussion <gutvol-d at pglaf.org>
Subject: Re: [gutvol-d] Copyright question

Copyright laws are different in every country.

I know that in Canada, the duration of copyright is
determined by the life-span of the creator, regardless
of who actually owns the copyright. I cannot speak for
any other countries.

You are unlikely to find a useful answer here on the
Project Gutenberg Volunteer Discussion list. For a
list dedicated to discussing copyright issues, see:
http://www.cni.org/forums/cni-copyright/

Andrew