[posted] Posted (#29494, Abbott) !

Joe Loewenstein joe at snowy.arsc.alaska.edu
Wed Jul 22 13:04:24 PDT 2009

King Philip, by John S. C. (John Stevens Cabot) Abbott                   29494
  [Subtitle: Makers of History]
  [NOTE TO INDEXERS: There is a slight uncertainty about the authorship of
this book. The LOC catalogue attibutes it to John S. C. Abbott. The
submitter included the following note: "In post-processing, I noticed
that, although the title page for this book (scanned from my copy) said
Jacob Abbott, the verso showed renewal by his brother's daughter. All
prior and subsequent editions were attributed to John S. C. Abbott, and I
agree, and have changed the author's name accordingly."]
  [Link: http://www.gutenberg.org/2/9/4/9/29494 ]
  [Files: 29494.txt; 29494-8.txt; 29494-h.htm; ]
  [Clearance: 20070730125041abbott]

Thanks,

Joe Loewenstein