[posted] Re: REPosted (#9696, Dickens)

John Mark Ockerbloom ockerblo at pobox.upenn.edu
Fri Apr 8 05:44:00 PDT 2011

On 04/02/2011 12:27 PM, Al Haines wrote:
> A Christmas Carol, by Charles Dickens                                     9696C
>    [Link: http://www.gutenberg.org/9/6/9/9696 ]
>    [Updated edition of: etext06\carol3.txt, carol3.zip]
>    [Files: 9696-readme.txt; 9696-index.htm]
>
> Note: it is unknown why there are only two audio files,
> the second of which appears incomplete, in this set.

It was like this before, actually: none of the text of _A Christmas
Carol_ is actually in this.  The only two audio files are one
for the standard Gutenberg header, and one that says
"Carol by Gutenberg Edition", and then ends.

I therefore don't count this as a meaningful Gutenberg release,
and skip it in my directory. If computer-generated audio files
for this text show up here, let me know.  Otherwise, I'd recommend
replacing it with something else.  (Perhaps another reading
of "A Christmas Carol"?  Gutenberg already has two from
Librivox at #20763 and #19505, but it looks like Librivox has
at least one more; and there may be others about as well.)

John