[posted] UNposted (#36169, Stravinsky)

Greg Newby gbnewby at pglaf.org
Sat Jan 13 10:59:20 PST 2018

An Autobiography, by Igor Stravinsky                                     36169

It turned out that this item was subject to GATT renewals, so our "rule 6" from the copyright how-to was applied inappropriately.

The scans we used had a copyright date of 1936, but appeared to be 1956 - the same date as the publication.  This mistake would not have mattered for Rule 6, however Stravinsky became a US citizen in 1945.  Therefore, the 1936 copyright, which was not renewed, was subject to GATT extensions.

Because this is a fairly old item, I don't see any reason to re-use the number.
  - Greg