[posted] Posted(#58052, Latham)

David Price ccx074 at pglaf.org
Sun Oct 7 04:50:33 PDT 2018

The Self-Plumbed Bishop Unplumed, by T. Latham                           58052
   [Link: http://www.gutenberg.org/5/8/0/5/58052 ]
   [Files: 58052-0.txt; 58052-h.htm]

For those wishing to know: the Rev. Thomas Latham (c1772-1830), an
independant minister, didn't believe in endless suffering for those not
converting to his religion, had been taken to task in a pamphlet about it,
and this is his reply.  The first half is rather humourous but after a
while it gets down to lots of bible quotations etc.  I transcribed it as I
think this T. Latham might be the same person who wrote Rod in Pickle
which was released last week: very different style etc. though.

All the best,
David,
England with blue skies and sunshine