[gmonthly] Testing Project Gutenberg MONTHLY Mailing Lists

Michael S. Hart hart at pglaf.org
Mon May 18 09:16:00 PDT 2009

My apologies, but due to a massive crash and an
oversight in the programming of our backups, we
lost the mailing lists we carefully maintained:
it seems as if they were listed as SYSTEM FILES
and thus were NOT BACKED UP!!!

We have now fixed this oversight, and recommend
you check your own backups for similar errors--
as this was a professionally done program.

As a result, we need to update our lists and it
is my sad duty to once again ask you to delete,
if you like, yourself from THE MONTHLY LISTING,
as listed below.

If you do nothing, you will receive the monthly
Project Gutenberg Newsletter at this address.

Here is the general information on our lists:

You asked about subcribing or unsubscribing from one of the
Project Gutenberg Newsletters.  Please save for reference:

This is the information from:

www.gutenberg.org/howto/subscribe-howto

Please check this site once in a while for updates:

Mailing Lists

   Various mailing lists for Project Gutenberg exist. A brief description
   of  each  follows,  along  with  a  link  to  visit  or  subscribe (or
   unsubscribe).  All  lists  live  at  http://lists.pglaf.org,  and  are
   moderated except for the discussion lists:
     * Newsletters,  with  new  eBook  listings,  calls  for  assistance,
       general information, and announcements:
          + gweekly:   Project   Gutenberg   Weekly  Newsletter.  Traffic
            consists mostly of one weekly newsletter.
          + gmonthly:   Project  Gutenberg  Monthly  newsletter.  Traffic
            consists mostly of one monthly newsletter.
     * Notification as new eBooks are posted:
          + posted:  receive  book  postings  as  they happen, along with
            other PG related internally-focused discussion (high traffic,
            over 10 postings per day)
     * Discussion for active volunteers:
          + gutvol-d:  general unmoderated volunteer discussion (moderate
            traffic)
          + gutvol-p:  programming  volunteers,  for software development
            (light traffic)
          + gutvol-w:  website  volunteers,  for website development (new
            list)
          + glibrary:  library  help,  for physically tracking down books
            and   copyright   research.   Low  traffic,  with  occasional
            requests.
     * Other lists:
          + gutvol-l: moderated volunteer announcements (light traffic)

   If  you  would  like  to  subscribe  to a mailing list simply select a
   mailing  list  name  above.  All  lists  require  a password and email
   confirmation to subscribe as part of the Lyris anti-spam measures.

   Copyright ? 1971-2004 Project Gutenberg -- All Rights Reserved.

   Most recently updated: 2004-08-07 16:33:32.