[gmonthly] About Wattpad eBooks

Michael S. Hart hart at pglaf.org
Sat Nov 21 15:27:50 PST 2009

Rather than including this with the monthly statistics,
we are preenting this as a separate email to make this
easy to save and reference.

http://www.wattpad.com/about

In 2006, we set out to revolutionize the way people publish and read written
material. Today, Wattpad is the most popular ebook community for readers and
writers to discover, share and connect. With over 4 million downloads, Wattpad
is also the world's most widely used mobile ebook application. Using your web
browser or mobile phone, you have instant access to hundreds of thousands of
novels, short stories, fan fiction, poetry, essays and more. With just a few
clicks, you can share your own written work with people around the world. With
the growing demand for ebooks and mobile reading, this represents a great
opportunity for writers everywhere. Your work is just waiting to be
discovered!

The Wattpad Team

	Ivan is one of the co-founders of Wattpad. He is the technical guru
behind the scenes. The cool features you see on here are most likely done by
him. On the rare occasion that he is not working on a new feature, he loves to
read fantasy, mystery and science fiction stories (on Wattpad of course). He
is also pretty good writer. Check out his stories on his profile.

	Allen is one of the co-founders of Wattpad. He handles the business
side of things. Like most Wattpaders, he loves to read. He is working on his
first story in his spare time. Check out his profile and see if it's ready
yet.

	Eva is responsible for our international and community efforts. When
she is not chatting with Wattpaders scattered across 24 time zones, she enjoys
reading romance stories on her Wattpad iPhone app. Check out what she's
reading on her profile.

///

Here are some notes forwarded from Allen: