[gmonthly] Western Digital 1T Pocket Drive

Michael S. Hart hart at pglaf.org
Thu Jan 21 17:26:32 PST 2010

Possible correction:

I received a note directly from Western Digital saying the brand new
1 terabyte portable drive I wanted was no longer available.

However, they did not mention it by name or model number.

In at least one reference article I read that the two drives I asked
about in my research are actually the same drive repackaged into the
different internal and external form factors.

Perhaps for some reason only due to form factor it appears one drive
is still available and one is not.

I am sending in more inquiries to check before I buy anything.

At least one ad page still says the "My Passport" 1T is available.

The same page says it is the same drive in different form factor.

This is at the end of the article located at:

http://gizmodo.com/5323594/wd-scorpio-blue-drive-is-first-one-terabyte-mobile-drive-everyes-1tb

Hopefully between us we can find out enough of the details.

Thanks!!!

Michael