[gutvol-p] Re: Isn't it strange that the creators have birth and death dates included in the tag?

Marcello Perathoner marcello at perathoner.de
Sun Jul 19 04:34:06 PDT 2009

Paulo Levi wrote:

> I managed but the special cases are driving me crazy.
> Some of the names is like this, a clear error i believe:
>
> Headley, P. C. (Phineas Camp), 1819-1903, 1819-1903
> Combs, Josiah Henry, 1886-1960, 1886-1960
> Algie, R. M. (Ronald Macmillan), 1888-1978, 1888-1978

Fixed these.

If you find errors in the catalog, report to

   catalog at pglaf.org

*AFTER* doing a diligent LoC search on

   http://catalog.loc.gov/

to make sure that you are reporting a real error.

> then there are the various eastern people that only have a date no leading - or
> anything.
> And the other abreviations like
> *d. ca.
> fl.
> cent

The catalog has been edited by many different people over a period of
nearly 40 years. We know it is not as consistent as we'd like it, and
will probably never be so.

Welcome in the world of real programming ...