[gutvol-p] Re: Cheap Asian "Kindle Clones"

Bowerbird at aol.com Bowerbird at aol.com
Mon Nov 8 13:23:09 PST 2010

jim said:
>    http://www.kindlecases.net/10-dirt-cheap-kindle-3-knock-offs/

geez, jim, do you even read these sites?   or think about 'em at all?

to save everyone else from a useless trip and 5 wasted minutes,
let me tell you that 7 of the 10 "dirt-cheap kindle-3 knock-offs"
don't include a price.   2 of the 10 are more expensive than kindle
($366 and $225).   and the other one weighs in with a $90 price...
so we've got one semi-dirt-cheap kindle-3 "knock-off".   at most.

but of course it's not the hardware that makes the kindle attractive,
not in the slightest.   it's the e-book inventory which amazon offers.
and which none of these "knock-offs" can ever hope to hook up with.

so don't waste your money...   don't even waste those 5 minutes...

-bowerbird