[PGCanada] Re: [Fwd: Re: !@!Re: PG Canada]

Wallace J.McLean ag737 at freenet.carleton.ca
Tue Nov 9 20:16:59 PST 2004

On 18:19:07 Darryl Moore wrote:

> That would help. But the most helpful would be an endorsement by
> prominent Canadian authors such as Pierre Button, Margaret
> Atwood,

What's the point of this again? I seem to have missed the email that
sparked this.

If it's to get them to endorse something with a view towards protecting
the public domain, and resisting the extension of copyright, forget it:
Pierre Berton and Margaret Atwood are typical members of the CanLit
gliterati: they don't mind pilfering the public domain, but God forbid
their works should ever enter into it. Atwood is very clearly in favour
of term extension; Pierre Berton seems to be tacitly so for reasons I
don't wish to disclose in public.