[PGCanada] James website and more news

Andrew Sly sly at victoria.tc.ca
Wed Nov 10 23:46:55 PST 2004

Hi Darryl

I love the tone of the quoted paragraph below. How can you
tell we are stereotypical Canadians? We worry about "stepping
on others' toes".

I've been a fairly long-time volunteer contributor to PG
(about 5 years) so if you have any questions regarding
that organization feel free to ask.

I feel that anything we can take from PG-US, which has already
been proven, will only make the birthing of PG of Canada
easier on us all.

I must say that from the point of view of technical details
about the texts themselves, James' preferance for xml as a
master file does make me wonder somewhat. As we don't have
another project (that I am aware of) to base our initial
efforts in this format on, we will be working out the bugs
on our own... Also, I believe the collection will grow much
slower than if we were to use un-marked-up text files.

However, the alluring vision of a collection of consistently
marked-up texts is tempting. Perhaps I lack the prior experience
to really know how long it will take to get to that point.
James, convince me! :)