[PGCanada] Re: [Fwd: Re: !@!Re: PG Canada]

Russell McOrmond russell at flora.ca
Tue Nov 9 08:31:13 PST 2004

On Tue, 9 Nov 2004, Michael Hart wrote:

> I'm wondering if we should host PG Canada on a US site,
> I'm sure that will upset the lawyers, especailly those
> involved with Gone With The Wind.

 I assume you mean that we shouldn't be doing so, and that this list is
hosted in the US?

  I note that http://projectgutenberg.ca/ is hosted on Compu-SOLVE
Internet Services out of Midland and Barrie Ontario.  Is this a site that
can host lists?  Is the ISP there on-side with the project such that even
if Canada gets a "claim and censor" regime that they will appropriately
hand these notices off to PG Canada lawyers rather than acting on them?

  I also run an ISP out of Ottawa, and can host any mailing
lists/sites/domains/etc that are needed.  I may not have the bandwidth if
the site gets huge, but that would be a type of success we can wish for
and get funding for when the time comes.

--
 Code is Law: how software code regulates the activities of citizens,
 and acts similar to law.  How do we ensure transparency/accountability?