[PGCanada] Introductions, etc.: Comprends pas: Please explain.

Wallace J.McLean ag737 at freenet.carleton.ca
Tue Nov 9 20:32:12 PST 2004

Qu'est-ce que vous ne comprenez pas?

Serbian copyright law is, right now, life+50, but are they under
political pressure (internal or external) to "harmonize"? If they
eventually join the EU, presumably they will be forced to "harmonize"
to life+70, so how close are they to EU membership, realistically?

In other words, would building a life+50 public domain "library" in
Serbia, under Serbian law, be a sound location in the long term?
Sounder or less sound than Canada? Or kinda like building on beachfront
in Florida or the San Andreas fault?

None of this is to undermine the incredible achievement at DP-EU; I
wish my Cyrillic proofing skills were more up to scratch!

[PGCanada] Introductions, etc.: Comprends pas: Please explain.
jiva das jivadas3 at yahoo.ca
Tue Nov 9 19:17:54 PST 2004

"Wallace J.McLean" <ag737 at freenet.carleton.ca> wrote:Also: How
vulnerable is Serbia to the life+50+more movement? What
happens if it joins the European Union, and how close is EU membership,
if at all?