[PGCanada] James website and more news

Jon Noring jon at noring.name
Thu Nov 11 11:05:38 PST 2004

Wallace wrote:
> Jon Noring wrote:

>> Well, it shows PG-Canada can find partners in the long-term endeavor
>> to convert the public domain works of Canadiana into high quality
>> digital texts.

> We're not likely to get partnership with Cold North Wind, who are in
> the business of selling content, although, who knows, they might donate
> some tech stuff if asked.
>
> PG/DP-int already have informal agreements with Canadiana.org and
> ourroots.ca. I've Project-Managed two Canadiana.org works onto the PG-
> int site already, with two more in my queue for post-processing.

Thanks for clarifying the current status of partnerships.

I do encourage PG-Canada, once it is incorporated as a non-profit, to
create a Board of Trustees which is diverse and includes outsiders
from allied groups and stakeholders. The Board should, also, be more
than just window-dressing -- it needs to be the ultimate authority in
the global operation of the organization (the Executive Director will
implement the Board's direction for day-to-day operations.)

This is the way all successful non-profits work -- good governance and
organization, and not closed to the outside world. It will greatly
increase the chances of private and public funding to be properly
governed and organized.

Jon Noring