[PGCanada] eBooks in French

Andrew Sly sly at victoria.tc.ca
Mon Nov 29 16:10:08 PST 2004

On Mon, 29 Nov 2004, Wallace J.McLean wrote:

> There are several non-DP, non-PG efforts in Canada:
>
> http://www.uqac.uquebec.ca/zone30/Classiques_des_sciences_sociales/
> http://jydupuis.apinc.org/
> http://www.bnquebec.ca/numtextes/accueil.htm

I would also add:
http://www.fsj.ualberta.ca/biblio/default.htm

Comparatively, it's a small collection, but the owner
has told me he is willing to share his texts. (One has
already been added to PG, and I have clearance for a few more)

> The first might be amenable to co-operation and co-ordination.
>
> The second, from my dealings with him, wouldn't be. Someone else may
> have better luck in opening a dialogue.

Once, when I already had a text done through DP (of poetry by William
Henry Drummond) he shared his version of the text with me, so I
could do a comparison to help find errors. I did get the impression
though, that he would not regularly open up his copy-protected PDF
files for anyone else.