[PGCanada] First texts for PG Canada

Wallace J.McLean ag737 at freenet.carleton.ca
Wed Aug 10 14:31:18 PDT 2005

----- Original Message -----
From: Michael Lockey <mlockey at honson.com>
Date: Wednesday, August 10, 2005 4:43 pm
Subject: Re: [PGCanada] First texts for PG Canada

> IMHO, one of Canada's formost stylists was the almost-forgotten
> Globe
> and Mail writer, J. V. McAree.  His book, 'Cabbagetown Store',
> (Ryerson
> Press, 1953), and about his childhood, is brilliant, as are his
> columns.  He did write other stuff, too.  He died in 1956; which
> would
> be as current as we could wish (in a few months).

Well, a little over a year: 1956 = CR until the end of 2006.

Interestingly, though, that's also when A.A. Milne's works will become
PD in that majority of the world that is life+50... which is why I
strongly suspect Disney is putting the heavy on so many countries to
go to life+70. For them, it's "urgent".