[PGCanada] First texts for PG Canada

Michael Lockey mlockey at honson.com
Wed Aug 10 13:43:36 PDT 2005

Wallace J.McLean wrote:

>>Do any of our list participants here feel strongly about what
>>text(s) would be ideal to start with for PG Canada?
>>

>I can't think off hand of a particular title, but perhaps the
>following paramaters should be used:
>
>- by a Canadian author who died between 1950 and 1954, inclusive;
>
>- published after 1923.

IMHO, one of Canada's formost stylists was the almost-forgotten Globe
and Mail writer, J. V. McAree.  His book, 'Cabbagetown Store', (Ryerson
Press, 1953), and about his childhood, is brilliant, as are his
columns.  He did write other stuff, too.  He died in 1956; which would
be as current as we could wish (in a few months).

Michael (Vasa) Lockey