[PGCanada] 1st Sighting of DP-Canada

Michael Lockey mlockey at honson.com
Sat Aug 13 23:56:00 PDT 2005

Sorry to start this with a winge, but it's necessary to explain the
reason for the post.

As some of you may know, I've been rather peaky for the last three
months: flat on my back except for an hour a day hobbling around under
the aegis of an RSN (Regimental Sargent Nurse).  I  had hoped to be
mobile within the next week; this may be delayed by as much as two
months.  I believe DP-Canada can't be delayed that long.  Consequently,
I've exposed a bit of the site (www.dp50.com/forum) as a place that folk
can discuss different issues regarding such a site.

Points in no particular order:

1: I want no part of anything that impacts DP-INT or DP-EU.
Consequently I think all these discussions should be kept (sorta) quiet.

2: If you look at (all mine!) existing posts, you'll see the "I" word a
lot.  That's just because it is me; and not to be confused with
DP-Canada, where "I" will have one vote, and mostly will defer to others
who know more than I do.

3: I would specifically ask you to read one post, "Profit/non-profit
corporation", as this is my main fighting point, though still debatable.

4: This message is to pgcanada at lists.pglaf.org, and selected individuals
at the two DPs.  I do NOT expect all such folk to take an active role in
the site; for some, it's merely FYI; some others may be in a position to
proffer advice or assistance.

5: Particularly due to my current situation, I'd appreciate it if anyone
would like to assist or take over administering the Forums.  I don't
expect there to be much to do; probably just adding some new forums as
the need becomes apparent.  Failing a 'volunteer', I'll keep doing it,
but there may be a day or two delay in events.

6: If anyone wants a dp50 email (to keep these messages separate) I'll
be happy to oblige...

Respectfully,

Michael (Vasa) Lockey