[PGCanada] Prospective volunteers

Wallace J.McLean ag737 at freenet.carleton.ca
Wed Jan 26 13:23:42 PST 2005

----- Original Message -----
From: Andrew Sly <sly at victoria.tc.ca>
Date: Wednesday, January 26, 2005 4:15 pm
Subject: [PGCanada] Prospective volunteers

> Are there any other suggestions from people here?

I would suggest the following:

1) Anyone interested in volunteering, whether pre- or post-startup,
should come forward, and state their interests and abilities to
contribute. What do youse have in mind? Where can your talents best be
employed? Who can and should you be collaborating with on those tasks?

2) Them that are able and willing to provide help on the extensive list
of pre-startup tasks should organize themselves. Tallest to shortest? I
don't know; let's just get tasks assigned and put workers to work on
the things they can work on.

3) People who just have a vague sense that they would like to provide
content, can email me, and we'll talk. There's already an informal
content junta that's thinking ahead to this goal and considering
possible projects that are clearable under Canadian law. Let's just not
duplicate each other's work.

4) People in section (3) who haven't already done so, should sign up at
www.pgdp.net and gain some practical experience in proofing and content-
providing.