[PGCanada] An Immodest Proposal

Jen Zed jenzed at gmail.com
Sat Mar 19 10:17:55 PST 2005

What is the feasibility of launching PG Canada on Canada Day (July 1)?
Could we do it? We'd need:

1. Content: Some Canadian books (fifteen to twenty?), some French some
English, ASCII and HTML format. It would be good if some of those
books were only available from PG-Canada.

2. A Bilingual Site: Nothing fancy, just a front end with some content
about PG-Canada, instructions about donating and / or volunteering,
and a search / download mechanism for the books.

3. Non-Profit Status: A legal entity capable of accepting donations.

4. Marketing Materials: Press releases, slashdot announcements, pings
to the blogosphere, newsletter sign-up, etc.

5. Volunteer Tasks: Things for volunteers to do.

It seems to me that the only potential show-stopper for a July 1
launch is the non-profit status.  (I don't think it's worth doing a
full-on launch otherwise.) There has been talk on the mailing list
about this - what's the status?

jen.