[PGCanada] An Immodest Proposal
jenzed at gmail.com
Sat Mar 19 10:17:55 PST 2005
What is the feasibility of launching PG Canada on Canada Day (July 1)?
Could we do it? We'd need:
1. Content: Some Canadian books (fifteen to twenty?), some French some
English, ASCII and HTML format. It would be good if some of those
books were only available from PG-Canada.
2. A Bilingual Site: Nothing fancy, just a front end with some content
about PG-Canada, instructions about donating and / or volunteering,
and a search / download mechanism for the books.
3. Non-Profit Status: A legal entity capable of accepting donations.
4. Marketing Materials: Press releases, slashdot announcements, pings
to the blogosphere, newsletter sign-up, etc.
5. Volunteer Tasks: Things for volunteers to do.
It seems to me that the only potential show-stopper for a July 1
launch is the non-profit status. (I don't think it's worth doing a
full-on launch otherwise.) There has been talk on the mailing list
about this - what's the status?
More information about the PGCanada