[PGCanada] Update time!

Wallace J.McLean ag737 at freenet.carleton.ca
Wed Sep 7 13:08:17 PDT 2005

I'm still collecting some materials that will provide the future PG-
Canada with rules for public-domain clearances under the current
Copyright Act, AND -- importantly, the pre-1924 law. I've got most of
the relevant statutes, and a number of the leading cases, already
collected, with a few more to trickle in. I can provide a legal
bibliography for anyone who's interested.

I'm also continuing with some bibliographical research, including a
long-term project in AMICUS, and a short-term back-of-envelope project
using O'Dea's Newfoundland Bibliography.

There are a frustratingly large number of authors with difficult-to-
determine death dates.

Any updates from anyone else on the technical or other fronts? Let's
get moving...