[PGCanada] New 35mm Scanner Available

Michael Hart hart at pglaf.org
Tue Sep 13 08:22:50 PDT 2005

As you may recall, I have been pushing to include artwork
in the various Project Gutenberg libraries, and thus I am
encouraging this with a new scanner I just bought to scan
35mm negatives and slides.

In addition, we may also have some access to new scanners
of a similar type at the U of IL and other sites, if your
concerns about mailing 35mm materials might be an issue.

We are legally able to use any two-dimensional picture we
can get of an two-dimensional artwork in which copyrights
in the original work precede 1923.

I would very much like to include more artwork, music and
other media in the various Project Gutenberg libraries.

Thank you so much!!!

Michael S. Hart
Founder
Project Gutenberg