[PGCanada] Related project of interest: Librivox

Gardner Buchanan gbuchana at rogers.com
Sat Feb 4 09:07:03 PST 2006

I happened to hear Hugh McGuire interviewed on CBC Radio One yesterday.
  He was talking about an interesting project that I hadn't previously
known.  I though I'd mention it here in case anyone else is interested:

http://www.librivox.org/

LibriVox volunteers record chapters of books in the public domain, and
then we release the audio files back onto the net (podcast and catalog).
Our objective is to make all books in the public domain available, for
free, in audio format on the internet. We are a totally volunteer, open
source, free content, public domain project.