[posted] Re: Posted (#26659, Wallace) !

John Mark Ockerbloom ockerblo at pobox.upenn.edu
Thu Apr 30 08:42:12 PDT 2009

Just trying to tie up some loose ends:

Simon Tarlink wrote:
> Sorry to "butt in"--if it appears that pre-1923 cannot be established, and
> the book needs
> to be pulled from PG-INT, why not consider moving it to PGC. I checked
> Wallace, and he clearly died before 1958, so there'd be no copyright problem
> in Canada.

I'm currently linking to a copy at Freeread Australia that's linked to
from Gutenberg Australia.  My link goes through a warning page, since
I've not yet seen evidence that satisfies me that it's public domain
here in the US.

If anyone does demonstrate its public domain status here in the US,
let me know.  (I see that #26659 is still on the Gutenberg site, so
maybe someone did and I didn't hear about it.  For now, I don't
link to this copy, but would be happy to if it were shown to be PD here.)

Thanks!

   John