[posted] Re: bare mention of image filenames

Bowerbird at aol.com Bowerbird at aol.com
Wed Jun 3 23:18:34 PDT 2009

david said:
>   we have had suggestions from others that
>    the text files should have an indication of the images
>    which are present in the accompanying html files

i have made a similar suggestion many times.

not so much to indicate the images that are
"in the accompanying html files", but rather
the images present _in_the_book_itself_...

i'm not sure i follow why ockerbloom believes
this is a bad practice.   it's common-sense to me.

of course, 30,000 e-texts in, it's kinda late in the game.
it's gonna take a dedicated scrapping effort to restore
all of the information that has been excluded thus far.

but i applaud the effort to start doing the right thing...

-bowerbird

We found the real ‘Hotel California’ and the ‘Seinfeld’
cntnew00000007)