[posted] Posted(#39112, Hoare)

David Price ccx074 at pglaf.org
Mon Mar 12 01:46:36 PDT 2012

The Blessed Hope, by Edward Hoare                                        39112
   [Subtitle: A Sermon on the death of Mrs. Francis Cunningham]
   [Link: http://www.gutenberg.org/3/9/1/1/39112 ]
   [Files: 39112-0.txt; 39112-h.htm]

For those wishing to know: Edward Hoare (1812-1894) was the vicar of
Tunbridge Wells, England, and a leading figure in English evangelical
circles.  Mrs. Cunningham was the wife of Francis Cunningham, another
leading figure - she was also the aunt of Edward Hoare.  I'd hope to get
some details of Mrs. Cunningham from the sermon but it doesn't contain
much.  It is, however, a fine evangelical burial sermon which is
presumably why it got published.

All the best,
David
England, overcast but warm - perhaps misty although my windows may need a
wipe