[posted] Posted(#39625, Simpson)

David Price ccx074 at pglaf.org
Sat May 5 02:07:54 PDT 2012

History of Llangollen and its Vicinity, by W. T. Simpson                 39625
   [Subtitle: including a circuit of about seven miles]
   [Link: http://www.gutenberg.org/3/9/6/2/39625 ]
   [Files: 39625-0.txt; 396250-h.htm]

This turned out to be a reprinted version of "Some Account of Llangollen"
with some updating of footnotes etc.  What was interesting was than an
Englishman wrote the first book and spelt the English words correctly but
got lots of the Welsh ones wrong, whereas a Welsh printer in Llangollen
who presumably didn't have much English, produced the "History" book and
corrected the Welsh words but made major mistakes on the English ones.

Anyway, I've learnt that the Mill became the flannal factory and that's an
important thing for me to know so well worth it!

All the best,
David
England, sunny but clouds approaching