[posted] REPosted(#1044, Twain)

John Mark Ockerbloom ockerblo at pobox.upenn.edu
Fri Feb 15 12:14:16 PST 2013

Thanks!

If I or someone else also wanted to add a plain vanilla ASCII version of this
or other reposted texts, for compatibility with lower-tech systems and
networks, how could we do that?

(It's easy enough to generate such versions to upload, and do
a sanity check before uploading.  For instance, the only non-ASCII bits in this
file, other than changes from ASCII to non-ASCII punctuation, and the zero-width
space at the start indicating a UTF-8 file, are two instances
where the "ae" in "Caesar" has been turned into the ae-ligature character;
so it's easy enough to verify the soundness of the conversion.)

Thanks,

   John